 Administrative / General / 13457
13456  |  13458
Subject:
Emails not being answered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 06:21:48 GMT

This is an absolute terrible way to come out of lurk mode, so first, I'll
apologise if this is in any way appropriate.  I've tried private emails, but
haven't received any replies.  I've been a regular reader of Lugnet for many,
many years.  Just this February, I decided I should come out of lurk mode, and
actually join the community from which I've derived so much enjoyment.

I filled out my application, and sent in my Paypal payment.  Nothing.  I didn;t
hear a thing back.  I sent an email about a week later, but no reply.  I tried
every administrative-type email address I could find on the site.  Still
nothing.  I thought I'd post here to see if anyone could help me.  No posting
priviledges.  I sent more emails asking for posting privs.  Still nothing.
Then, I sent a rather off-color private email wondering what was going on, and
could I have my posting privs and my membership.  I received an automated email
stating that I had posting privs, but still no explanation of what was going on.
And still no membership.

Then I see the posting from Suzanne describing the problems with email
forwarding, and posting some alternative email addresses.  So I send Suzanne
another private email using those addresses.  Still nothing.  I then see some
discussion in here from Todd that he's behind in account setup, but still no
explanation, because after my rant in private email, I suddenly get posting
privs.  I'm suspecting that my emails (at least one of them) was actually
received, but nobody wants to take the time to explain what's going on.  Even a
nice "We're going through some transitions - you should see something in the
next 60 days" would be nice.

I'd hate to see Lugnet die at the same time as I decide to join.  I'd really
like to participate in some of the more productive discussions going on here
(liek the new NXT stuff).  I sincerely hope that we get some proper
administration in place soon, before everyone's scared off.

Again, my apologies if this was inappropriate or in the wrong place.  It seems
as if there's at least some administrative discussion going on here, which is
more than can be said for private email.