 Administrative / General / 13356
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:40:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Palmer wrote:

Well said, Jon. I agree wholeheartedly. For once Im glad one of the lurkers spoke up. ;)

(snippery)

   And the old guard is telling us to just mellow out and keep the peace? What?! You should all be angry!

This is probably the thing that shits me most of all. Eric is a chronic nuisance on this site. Time and time again he is at the forefront of the biggest shitstorms around here, and everyone tolerates it as though he’s some sort of retarded infant that deserves pity rather than contempt.

Here’s the thing - ignoring him or indulging him in his incessant trolling hasn’t stopped him from doing it over and over again. Given that the admins are apparently MIA what are we to do?

I choose public ridicule, which at least allows me to at least garner some small entertainment value out of his blatherings, and I’m not prepared to give up on Lugnet yet. If that makes me a troll too, then so be it. I’d rather that than have this place turn into lugnet.fan.eric.

Others choose to leave the site entirely, which is a shame. It’s a shame that this one retarded infant can ruin things for everyone.

   However, I’m sure I’m going to get knocked down and told to keep this business off the front page (where it should be post in bold 50pt letters)

Not from me. I’m spotlighting it. Thanks for sharring.

   and whoever is in charge will just create an “Eric Sophie Disciplinary Action Steering Committee”.

I think Lar might be available to chair that committee. He seems to have a lot less commitments these days.

   I miss this site so much. This current drama is a perfect example of what is wrong with LUGNET.

If by ‘Lugnet’ you mean the membership, then I have to disagree. The real problem here is the inablilty or the unwillingness of the so-called ‘leadership’ to deal with breaches of the TOS in an appropriate manner. If they’re not going to be enforced, why have them at all? Let’s just ditch them and make lugnet a free-for-all like Jlug. I’m all for that - it seems to be more or less the case anyway, let’s make it official.

Cheers,

Allister