 Administrative / General / 13148
    Re: Dear NNTP users, —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) You seem to make the same mistakes as many other people: a) RSS and NNTP are two completely different things. RSS is a data format. NNTP is a data transport protocol. b) Things aren't bad, just because they're old. (...) NNTP will not become (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Dear NNTP users, —Timothy Gould
   (...) I am not making a mistake. I am referring to use rather than the precise definition. I am well aware that a protocol and a data format are different, does a typical user care, however, that (s)he just downloaded a file via FTP or HTTP? (...) (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Dear NNTP users, —Suzanne Rich Green
   I'm content with news being at LUGNET's core. So, assuming all goes well, it'll stay the same for a while. When folks want to subscribe via RSS feeds, or whatever else, I think that'll be pretty simple to do with what's already here. My original (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)