 Administrative / General / 13089
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I played around with NNTP on LUGNET a year or so ago, got it working, almost never used it. It didn't fit into my own personal workflow. Going beyond the immediate questions you pose, it sounds like you're interested in determining the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) I used to use the NNTP service but I must say I much prefer the web based service. I find NNTP to be that little bit too primitive, sort of like email software which can't deal with HTML mime type. (...) I think using RSS is a great idea. It (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

(...) As no email software SHOULD, but let's discuss THAT topic somewhere else ;) (email which is purely HTML goes to my /dev/null , makes for a saner day) (...) RSS is nice, but how would you replace the offline behaviour of NNTP and how would you (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)