 Administrative / General / 13083
  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Allan Johansen" <f2k@chaotica.dk> wrote in message news:IJxH0E.110r@lugnet.com... (...) die (...) I disagree. I think NNTP is a underappreciated technology by most people. Reading content via a News Reader is as simple as reading e-mail. I really (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:IJxLJF.1xwq@lugnet.com... (...) Why is browsing offline important? My computer is on-line at all times (expect when I'm sleeping, of course.). You can read an on-line forum at your (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dear NNTP users,

I do generally prefer NNTP, but web based does have a few advantages. Here are my pros and cons for each (not specific to LUGNET unless specified): NNTP Pro: User selectable client software allows greater tuning of the interface. My software is in (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)