 Administrative / General / 13042
Re: LUGNet shut off
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:27:18 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mecha, Marco Tagliaferri wrote:
   Hello all,

I read in this message by Lenny Hoffman that LUGNet is dying the next two month. -snip- I would be very, very sad if LUGNet would die. It’s a place where I really like to
stay. The best AFoL forum on the net.

Hey Marco, I am sorry for confusion - I was being a bit coy and cynical. I really doubt that Lugnet will be turned off - Suz has a plan for getting Lugnet to a better position and I have confidence that her plan will work.

Thank you for the reply Lenny.

This is a good message on the topic!

   I too would be very sad to see Lugnet go.

Hey that’s fine! So now we are at least two guys with the same feeling about this. I hope there are some more out there.

-Lenny

We all have to work on LUGNet to make it the place we want it to be.

Administration is a lot of work. I know that, belive me. And I wish to thank anybody who’s taking part in that. But it is only one part of the LUGNet puzzle. The way how we behave in pour postings is another. The topics we choose is the third. And I’m absolutely sure I missed out more parts as I mentioned.

For me the top goal is to keep LUGNet alive. As long as it’s living we all can improve it. Technically by improving what’s behind the screen and maybe adding new features. And emotionally by being a member of the community that treats everybody the way she or he want’s to be treated.

To the administrators: If there are problems please make them public. So maybe the community can help. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want names to be published. It’s the issues which are of interest. I guess there are a lot of people around here who could and would help for a while or from time to time depending on the topics.

Marco