 Administrative / General / 1304
1303  |  1305
Subject:
Lugnet Milestone (was Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:50:11 GMT

<snip the whole thing... there are no winners here>

I think we have a milestone here, although I'm not sure what label to
give it. That we can be talking about it, pretty calmly, in
admin.general is a Good Thing.

JW, from a bystander who's observed you in other groups... take to heart
why people are frustrated, and what they're trying to tell you. Mike is
right, you do seem to think everyone else needs to revolve around you.
That's not the way volunteer efforts work.

Go read _The Cathedral and the Bazaar_ by Eric Raymond
(http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/) and think about
what Eric is trying to tell you.

LDraw is not nearly the size project that Linux is, but it operates
under the same principles. People (the LDraw stalwarts) respect
competence, crispness, accuracy, and figuring things out for ones self.
They do not like sloppy work, sloppy thinking, excuses for incompetence,
or whining.

Now, it may be that you're not cut out for freeware work. Not all of us
are. That's OK, but realize it, and move on. Or come back after you've
figured out what it means and want to participate on the terms of the
group.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.