 Administrative / General / 12899
Re: The sky is not falling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:31:15 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Hey all,

So many times these threads begin with a complaint, so I just wanted to point
out something positive.  There has been much discussion recently about the
spotlighting, and various ways to "fix" it (and, I admit, I've added my share of
blather on the topic).  But it's all cyclical.  Look at the highlighted posts
today (Monday morning, April 25):

snip

And so on.
It is easy to stay in .admin or .off-topic/debate and think the sky is falling
and that this is a horrid forum.  But if we look at the actual building (and
remember, many people skip-filter .admin and .off-topic), it seems like this is
a fairly healthy place.

This is a good reminder. Sometimes when you get close to something, problems
seem overwhelming and all-encompassing. We have some significant issues that
need to be worked on, but overall I have to agree with you that LUGNET is
admirably fulfilling its role.

It all seems better after a couple of hours putting bricks together. To
paraphrase (aka "rip off") a famous marketing slogan, "Just Build It".

- Kelly