 Administrative / General / 12790
Re: One comment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:19:04 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

ya know,

Kevin C has bandied about a quote, so i dont think i am breaking any
confidences.

"Lugnet is NOT a democracy"

Ya know... What really would be good would be if Kevin got in the habit of
giving proper context in his quotes (of me, of you, of whoever), instead of
quoting for effect.

With your permission, Chris, I'll share the whole chatlog of our conversation
(which contains one of the quotes that Kevin has been leaving context out of)
with whoever asks for it.

Deal.

  in fact. I was looking for a way to ask you; how you would feel  about
me posting the ~ENTIRE~ convo.  lets clear the air.  lets start this
transparency thing by STOPPING the "he said she said" nonsense.

too many times, the game of "broken telephone" and cloak and dagger back
room antic's has muddied what would otherwise be productive affairs.

Say the word, and I'll post a link.

Go ahead, please do post the whole thing. I have the same log you do, so if you
edited it, it would be pretty obvious there was a discrepancy, wouldn't it?

Also please remember that you would need to warn that it may contain material
that some might deem offensive (as with any link that fits that situation)... I
tailor my use of profanity to the profanity use level of the people I'm talking
with.

But... I'm curious about something, Chris... I'm curious about how, if I said
the conversation was privileged, and you agreed, how it is that Kevin's going
around quoting bits and pieces out of context? Did you share a privileged
conversation with him? That part I sort of don't get, help me out...

You have my permission NOW, since you asked... but you didn't have it THEN, did
you? So where did Kevin get it from?

Would that sort of thing, if you did share a conversation I asked to be kept
privileged, without checking with me first... would that sort of thing make me
tend to trust you less, or would it tend to make me trust you more?

XFUT back to admin.general