 Administrative / General / 12680 (-5)
  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Instead of a number of top-level, one-ng trees, how about clustering these feeds under a single 'external sources' group. Something like lugnet.external-feed...sic-space? Or lugnet.loc.external....ass-space? (...) I'm not sure about pulling a (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) A couple of issues come to mind. First, some of these LUGNET-expatriate groups allow behavior not in-line with LUGNET's ToS. So pulling their traffic into LUGNET would result in LUGNET hosting posts that might violate ToS. Second, the existing (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Now if only someone filled out the form to have it added to the suggestion list :) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) I think this is a brilliant idea. I don't get over to Classic Castle, Classic Space, BZ, FBTB, etc. Recentralizing posts would be wonderful Dave K (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) It shouldn't be hard to imlpement, from a technical point of view. Need to keep in mind though, that posts coming in won't be authenticated like LUGNET posts are - but we could just mark them like we do the robotics list... I think it would (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact