 Administrative / General / 12590 (-20)
  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) snip You can get the justification for the Spotlight weights (URL) here> and (URL) here>. This bit strikes me as particularly absurd: These can be tweaked as necessary. And will be, if we can't get spotlighting to highlight what we believe (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

(...) Seriously jeopardised? (...) It's not the only thing that matters, no, but posts to .announce.* and in particular, posts to announce.moc get an upweighting, and posts to .admin.* and .off-topic.* get a downweighting. That was spoecifically in (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

Frustrated Comments Ahead: Is there any summary information available to try and understand how some of the major AFOL resources are now being administered? Both Lugnet and Brickshelf seem to have undergone major practical changes in the last few (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX) !!

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) No, it isn't. (...) something (...) links to (...) to (...) something. Hmm. I agree. Thank you for your help, Mr. Pieniazek. This will help tremendously, because I can subscribe to the two groups I frequent (Robotics and Technic), and not have (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...e.DOT.com> wrote in message news:IEnsro.1DM@lugnet.com... (snip) (...) be (...) How about adding 'Getting Started' to the links on the home page: Newsgroups | Spotlight | Events | Links | Guide | Shop | (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I might advocate changing the little link on the front page to say something like "Join Lugnet!" instead of "Membership". Then underneath, have links to both posting setup and membership, briefly explaining the difference. Possibly also change (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: My First MOC

(...) Rather than asking everyone to email you replies, you may want to look into subscribing to the group (perhaps temporarily) by email, via this URL: (URL) first doing this subscription setup: (URL) to get your confirmation code ) XFUT (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Try this link. (URL) (after waiting a day or so for one of us to process it) write any admin if you still have trouble. See the header of admin.general for our addresses (which group this is XFUT) It's not necessarily an easy link to find. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What software drives LUGNET?

(...) It's its own custom thing, written by Todd, mostly (I think) in 1997-1999. Long ago Todd had considered selling it for other forums, but I don't think it ever really took off. DaveE (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  What software drives LUGNET?

LUGNET is by far the best web forum I've ever seen. I'm trying to find out what software runs it. Is it a custom job? If so, written by whom? If not, what is it and where can I learn more about it? Thanks, - Joe (19 years ago, 7-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  eToys affiliate link not working

I'm not sure if a curator can fix this or if someone else needs to...the eToys (& KBtoys) affiliate link no longer work. (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Review Committee chartered for the LUGNET Policies and Procedures document

As mentioned (URL) here>, the LUGNET administration team has been working on a Policies and Procedures document (sometimes called the P&P for short) that will help clarify to everyone what the various roles and responsibilities related to LUGNET (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: List of suggestions

(...) Hmm, I tried to respond to this in e-mail, but got trapped twice by spamproofing... E-mailers that hide the destination e-mail behind the name are annoying, you have to know the address is even spam proofed since you just see "To: Larry (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: List of suggestions

(...) Reminder: PLEASE don't post suggestions to this thread. Start a new thread if you can't find the original. Thanks. This post will self destruct if Frank's does. :-) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: List of suggestions

(...) No, it (technically) wasn't an official post since it wasn't officially signed. But since the list is modifying content in the admin area, the list is official, as far as it goes, it's officially the best list we have, until it's improved, at (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  (canceled)

  Re: In support of Larry

(...) [...] I totally see what you mean here. Until I met Larry in person and spent some time with him (he came to SF on business and we had dinner together) I didn't care much for him either. But after meeting him in person I really like the guy. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Question about a call for a contest

(...) Good questions, Dave! I've raised this with the Admin team... We'll mull this over and get back to you with an answer with our usual alacrity(1)... this contest doesn't start for a month or two I hope?(1) ++Lar XFUT to just .terms 1 - that's (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Question about a call for a contest

Not sure in which .admin forum this belongs; please FUT as appropriate. I'd like to call for a simple contest involving clone bricks and I wondered if it would be appropriate to make announce it in .build.contests, in .build.mecha, in .announce, in (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact