 Administrative / General / 12340 (-10)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) And you very well know as a libertarian that one is not responsible for other people's actions. If someone sprays grafitti on a wall, yet I take a picture of that, I am not responsible for the grafitti. Just as if I quote a person who has (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) IMHO, I think the policy is fine. IMHO again, I think the problem that keeps popping up has to do with the (enforcement) mechanism. Seperate the policy from the mechanism. Examine each seperately. Look for alternative ways of enforcing the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I agree that one can write Carlin's 7 words on the internet(s--for Dubya fans out there). That said, if I was the owner of a website and this website allowed other pepople to post stuff, and one of my rules was that no 'foul language' can be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) He said the H-word! He said the H-word! Pick up the stones! (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) LOL, this is so cultural. I have had a lot of contact with youth from the Swedish equivalent to Assemblies of God. They would never ever take the Name in vain or mention the opposite of Heaven if they aren't talking about that final (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) ...and I thought I was a cynic! ;) Scott A (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Shame on you. (Re: Bye, bye LUGNET & hello world.... )

(...) Essentially, that sounds like a highly subjective judgment. This thread makes it apparent that a number of members have concerns about the Admins' judgment in this area. I think we would be prudent to reconsider our whole approach to this (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Wait, wait! Where's the "I love LUGNET" post. Bring it on...*that* will make all the bad things go away... -Tim (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) Hear, hear. And perhaps that would cut down on the 'censorship whiners.' LUGNET is privately owned, it is NOT the public square. I really wish people would get over themselves. Anyways, it's not like I read in-depth enough for this to effect (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

Yes. nicely put. admittedly a filter can be good but not perfect. Even if it only catches 50%, it's helped out and that would only leave the extreme cases for the admins to deal with. The occasional slip would be taken care of most of the time. I (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact