 Administrative / General / 12290 (-5)
  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Taking no sides here, as I do not know the person, but Chris, with all due respect, your post is insulting to me. I use this word as I please and I do not feel less intelligent because of it. "Maybe you should study a little"? What are you, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) As much as I dislike the condemnation of single words without context, given the society in which we live, there are certain words to which this applies. (...) Larry's email is not indicative of a zero-tolerance approach to the issue. On the (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) The policy itself is not intended to "cease offensive content" - see the following post for a more detailed explanation. (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I thought maybe it was a either a "term of art" or a non-American English usage with which I'm not familiar. I still don't really get the point of its usage. (...) There is an important difference (at least important to Todd). It is at least (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) [snip] (...) The goal behind the new policy is that we modify people's behavior so that some people don't get offended and leave, but the policy and its implementation is making people leave. Is this a good thing? Kevin (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact