 Administrative / General / 12283
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Derek Raycraft wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:

<some good stuff that I can't quote without getting censored>

To me the suggestion that the current policy in not censorship is ridiculous.
It's like the bully that grabs your arm and make you hit yourself, then claims
he wasn't hitting you.  It obviously he's hitting you, and it's obvious that
lugnet is censoring through similar bully tactics.

Why lie about it.  Just say you are censoring, and get on with it.  I've felt
more anger from people since this policy was introduced then I've felt over any
other issue.

If lugnet censors fine.  Lots of media censors and I know that it censors and I
know how it censors.  I can judge its content appropriately knowing that.  With
lugnet all I know right now is it's  trying to hide behind false claims.  How do
I judge that?

Well frankly it's giving me a very low opinion of everyone associated with
running this site.

I'm not going to stop posting here because of censorship.  In fact I might even
appreciate it.  There are lots of places I can go to read uncensored materials,
and write whatever I want without being censored.  I don't need lugnet to be one
of those places.

I do however need lugnet to stop lying about it.

Censorship or no censorship, it is fine with me.  Just don't claim one and
practice the other.

Derek

All day I've been trying to remember something--this reminds me of a movie I saw
years ago--

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104874/

Minbo - or the Gentle Art of Japanese Extortion

Basically there were these 'not quite thugs' that would 'not quite intimidate'
people into paying them money so they wouldn't do harm, but see, there are
strict laws against extortion, but if you don't cross the line but still
intimidate, you can get away with it.  Wrappign it up all pretty like by
dressing up in suits and not overtly threaten doesn't change the fact that there
is extortion going on.

Actually, the movie is a comedy and is quite funny, even if you have to read the
subtitles...

Maybe 'LUGENT - or The Gentle Art of Censorship'... ;)

I kid!  Sheesh...  :p

Dave K