 Administrative / General / 12274
    Posting problem —James Wilson
   I just attempted to reply to a FTX message. FTX was selected as the message format. I clicked Preview and then Send, and got the error message about making sure posting setup has been done, I've received the e-mail, etc. I tried to repost, no dice. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Posting problem —Todd Lehman
   (...) Wow, that is very weird. Can you give a pointer to the message that did post correctly? (...) Hmm, that's disturbing. I wonder if some hidden translation is happening on the From line somehow/somewhere which is confusing the known-name lookup. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Posting problem —James Wilson
   (...) Todd, The message to which I was replying is: (URL) my reply is: (URL) it's got something to do with the length of the post? The original post I was replying to is quite long, but I had snipped everything... just thinking out loud... Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Posting problem —Todd Lehman
   (...) No, the length wouldn't be the issue. If it's giving you an error message about making sure posting setup has been done, it means the 'From' line was somehow mangled. Unless(!) the webserver was unable to contact the NNTP server in those (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)