 Administrative / General / 12067
Re: stepping up to the dead horse (was some other title)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:52:38 GMT

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 06:42:18PM +0000, Kelly J. McKiernan wrote:
We've discussed "public" vs "private" notification of timeouts. This
is a valid concern. Initially we decided upon private because a
timeout was a chance to give somebody a chance to reconsider an
offensive post or set of posts. It wasn't meant as public
chastisement.

I think having a public record of timeouts is important - not only it
allows the users (that you guys are serving, right?) keep an eye on how
well you're doing your job, but it also shows that _something_ is
getting done, and can be used to teach by example what's acceptable and
what's not.

FUT set to lugnet.admin.general.

Thanks for noteing this explicitly.  News-by-email users (like myself)
don't see what the FUT is set to otherwise.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com