 Administrative / General / 12066
Re: Updating the LUG map?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:16:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Adrian Egli wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Roy Gal wrote:
Hi all,
   Is there any chance the LUG map at
http://www.lugnet.com/map/na/usa/lug/
will be updated soon?
I'ld like to have the Sacramento group added
Sacramento Brick Builders (SacBB)
since we have a newsgroup here as well.

I would like to second that.

SANDLUG has its own newsgroup now (see http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/sandlug/)
but is not shown on the map.

Some digging with a good search string will be needed to determine exactly what
was said and by whom, but my understanding is that the LUGNET mapsets are not
being updated. I think it is in part an issue that the people that were doing it
got overwhelmed by real life and in part that better technology for doing it was
being sought but hasn't yet been completely sussed out.

Hope that helps. Wish I had a better answer.

I had taken it as a part of the Content Coord. position, but since there is the
code freeze, theres not much point in devoting a lot of time to it.  I haven't
quite figured how to best do the same sort of LUG map without making it a
colossal pain to update (as it is now) - and partly why I've been
procrastinating.

Sorry!

-Lenny