 Administrative / General / 1201
  Re: Lugnet/Localities Navigation

(...) That single-word sentence was just short for "I grok" or "I grok what you're saying." 'Grok' is a word with many definitions, I think, but basically, to grok something means to understand it in a gut/zen/metaphysical way. In this case, 'grok' (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet/Localities Navigation

(...) You're grokking it. See _Stranger in a Strange Land_ by RAH. I really believe he invented the word for his character Michael Valentine Smith, the Man from Mars. (along with the memorable phrases, "I am only an egg." and "Thou art God.") That (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lugnet/Localities Navigation

(...) Interesting. New Hacker's contrasts grok and zen. See (URL) Micheal Valentine Smith. Micheal W. Smith. Hmm. Steve "hopelessly off-topic" Bliss (25 years ago, 29-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)