 Administrative / General / 11960
Re: SPAM and OT messages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 01:37:26 GMT

<Snip>

The intelligent thing to do is not overreact, but
simply forward to the list moderator so that it gets
to their attention to censure the user or whatever
methods are employed. Complaining about it never helps
anything.

If you are seriously concerned and can volunteer as
much as several hours of your day to sit and moderate
messages on the list in real time, then you can do
something about it, otherwise, be patient, and calm.

While there are many academic and scientific teams
working to create the worlds best spam trap, they
haven't done it yet... so demanding better performance
from a free list is just out of order in my view.

</Snip>

Mr. S,

Thank you for your insightful and thoughtful post.  As far as I can tell,
the
only person who is overreacting here is you.  As you can very well read, you
may have noticed that I did, infact, forward these concerns to the lugnet
admins without one iota of complaining.

I do volunteer my time for Lugnet.
Pop on over to any of the 3 newsgroups I moderate for some good old Lego
fun!

While I know very little how to rid the world of SPAM, I'm sure there
is at least one solution to rid outside SPAM here on Lugnet.  Seems that
both Lugnet and Crynwyr have pointed out a solution without the need of your
finger pointing.

Thank you for your valuable time,

Mr. B

Could someone FUT this to OT-debate please?