 Administrative / General / 11608
Re: disk failure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 17:05:04 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
The LUGNET production server (still the older server, hosted at Pair
Networks) suffered a disk failure today at what appears to be, according
to the logs, 11:30am EST.  The disk has been replaced, data restored,
and we seem to be set back about 8 hours.

If you notice anything unusual occurring on the server, please let me
know at this e-mail address and also post to lugnet.admin.general...
thanks.

I don't know if this is of any significance, but while posting a stunningly
witty message in the "Color Change/Final Answer" thread, I hit the PREVIEW
button and wound up on a screen with this information:

6:30pm EST Wed 28 Apr 2004

Data restoration is complete.  Data integrity checks are now being run.

--Todd

5:30pm EST Wed 28 Apr 2004

The LUGNET server is down for emergency disk maintenance.  Data is being
restored from recent backups.

--Todd

I went back and re-previewed, and it worked fine.  Now everyone can reflect upon
my wisdom, and the community is better for it.  Still puzzled by the message,
though.  Maybe Todd's trying to tell me something...

Dave!