 Administrative / General / 11605
Re: disk failure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:28:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim David wrote:
I noticed Lugnet was down for a while at about 5:00ish GMT. When it came
back up there was no traffic on the traffic page, i.e. no reported
posting, even for the last 7 days, everthing else seemed to work as far
as I tested it. I didn't attempt to post at that time.

That must've been the disk in the process of dying...  Enough stuff cached
in RAM to run and provide basic functionality, but not enough to handle
the non-constantly-accessed functions.

Thanks for the data points.

--Todd