 Administrative / General / 11543
Re: Server installation photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:42:27 GMT

Todd Lehman <todd@lugnet.com> wrote:
That's just what came pre-installed on the disks.  Matthew overwrote it
with his magic installation of love.

Errr, yeah.

More precisely: the servers will actually run BU Linux, which is based on
a Red Hat Linux 9 core. For technical reasons which I can get into if
someone really wants, it was easier in this case to use the RHL 9 install
disks and then overlay the BU Linux packages after the initial
installation. If the picture had been taken a bit later, it would have
said:

  [tty1] BU Linux 3.0 (Doolittle)
  Kernel 2.4.20-30.9smp on an i686

  brick login:

Although Red Hat Linux 9 is indeed out of maintenance April 30, this
release of BU Linux will continue to be supported for at least another
year. We have our own security update team, and that has upstream support
from the Fedora Legacy project and via arrangements with developers at
other universities.

[-> .off-topic.geek]

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>