 Administrative / General / 11540
Re: Server installation photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 02:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Four hours in, we powered up the systems.  Yay, they came up!  We
proceeded to configure the BIOS, and then began the long software
installation process.  For the most part, the software installation
went smoothly.  Configuring the RAID1 driver was a challenge, however,
but we managed to get it going.

4 hours? Not bad!

7 hours total...  We started at 6pm with the hardware and stopped (not
finished) at 1am, because that's what time the last bus left and we didn't
feel like taking cabs home.

One Q though... RH9 aka Shrike? It's support is about to be dropped by
RedHat in 2 months, making it a lot harder to keep it up-to-date security
wise (I know about the Fedora project, but it's not the same even though
they try very hard)

That's just what came pre-installed on the disks.  Matthew overwrote it
with his magic installation of love.

--Todd