 Administrative / General / 11533
  Re: New LUGNET server hardware details

(...) I hope that you are planning to use this extra storage for mirroring (I forget the numbers... RAID-1 ?). Mirroring will reduce your critical path failure from a HD, but will (remember statistics) halve the MTBF. With one drive at 50k hours (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGNET server hardware details

(...) Yes, there's going to be basically insane amounts of redundancy -- not just live mirroring, but staged images so that any corrupted data isn't instantly propagated to all the backups. (...) Oh, what, the above part wasn't geeky? :) (...) With (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)