 Administrative / General / 115
Re: Changes complete; new hierarchy in effect
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 18:02:26 GMT

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:40:34 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

[Follow-ups set to lugnet.admin.general]

Well, the operation took longer than I'd hoped, but it was a success.

The new hierarchy is in effect, all 489 human-posted articles were preserved
with their original message IDs, timestamps, and cross-references, and all
headers with newsgroup names are translated so that replies automagically
work in the new groups without having to manually futz with the headers.

Thanks again for everyone's patience...

But You never posted this to the announce gorup... I sat waiting and
waiting and waiting. Finally gave up and emailed you No answer (maybe
I was too impatient) So I did a refresh new groups and it seems people
are talking already!

Don't leave without me!!!

Sarah :)