 Administrative / General / 11413
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Also, on a practical level, doing redirects (not just DNS records) as subdomains would be prohibitively expensive with the current Lugnet hosting arrangement. (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I don't know anything about current situation, but this is beyond my imagination? What's that 'expensive' on one dns record and one mod_rewrite line in Apache config? (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) From a technical point of view, nothing at all. And maybe Pair would be cool about it, I dunno. ISPs like to charge for stuff like that, is all. Hopefully, we'll eventually have an arrangement which gives us more control. (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Our company decided that all of the webhosters are too restrictive, so we went the serverhosting way, where man can have lots of freedom without any additional payments. RH Enterprise + 700gbs of traffic monthly for relatively low price. I can (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)