 Administrative / General / 11455
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:32:51 GMT

Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz> wrote:
Also, on a practical level, doing redirects (not just DNS records) as
subdomains would be prohibitively expensive with the current Lugnet
hosting arrangement.
I don't know anything about current situation, but this is beyond my
imagination?
What's that 'expensive' on one dns record and one mod_rewrite line in
Apache config?

From a technical point of view, nothing at all. And maybe Pair would be
cool about it, I dunno. ISPs like to charge for stuff like that, is all.

Hopefully, we'll eventually have an arrangement which gives us more
control.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>