 Administrative / General / 11413
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:26:40 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim.courtney@SPAMCAKE.zacktron.com> wrote:
For branding purposes, I think this is a bad idea for LUGNET. Someone
could then advertise their site as "blah.lugnet.com," and have it
interpreted as an actual part of LUGNET. With this content outside of
LUGNET's control, the name could be abused.

Also, on a practical level, doing redirects (not just DNS records) as
subdomains would be prohibitively expensive with the current Lugnet
hosting arrangement.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>