 Administrative / General / 11388
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Moving to lugnet.org is a great idea. However, I think that making lugnet.com a beta site could be confusing -- old links would get broken, and people who are just guessing might pick .com. I think lugnet.com links should eventually (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I think we have bigger fish to fry w/r/t LUGNET than moving it to .org. That's a decision we can make later, once the new infrastructure for maintaining LUGNET is in place. -Tim (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Hey, there's plenty of oil and breading. But seriously, names are important. (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Yep, they're important. I didn't mean to come across as implying considering this was a bad idea. I just would rather see peoples' creative energies put into the transition at this point, and then consider the name change later. That's all. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I don't see it as an all-or-nothing thing. Setting up a secondary new box as *.lugnet.org is definitely easier and less problematic than setting it up as *.beta.lugnet.com in the near-term, because of various DNS issues. Setting up lugnet.org (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)