 Administrative / General / 11359
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:24:20 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
   it’s been pointed out by many that it can be quite confusing for first-time visitors.

I agree. I don’t know exactly how easy the procedures are in the meantime, but to register a few years ago was somehow odd for me :-)

Translations are needed, at least for a “How-To-Post”-Site. As for German, I know that there were offers to do so in loc.de (That’s why I crossposted to there, feel free to remove in replies).

   Well, LUGNET was created to unite the LEGO community online, not to segment it. The current homepage feels rather isolationist. How many clicks from the homepage does it take you to find 1000steine.de? How many clicks to find BZPower? Sites like these should be one or at most two clicks away.

I adopt this self-criticism for 1000steine.de. The problems are true and the same on 1000steine.de, it’s nice that you take it up.

   I actually think that the Top Stories box should be removed from the main LUGNET homepage.

I disagree. The fastest way for me to go to LUGNET is type in “lugnet.com”. I’m always starting the LUGNET adventures at your Homepage and the Top Stories Box is perfect to show me the latest important threads, even if I’m not in the mailinglist for the corresponding groups.

However, I’m sure that people come up with many good ideas, and you’re able to implement them to keep LUGNET as useful as it always has been.

Leg Godt!

René