 Administrative / General / 11352
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Do you have the link to Suzanne's concept new homepage handy? -Tim (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) (URL) --Todd (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I know my opinion doesn't count for much but I have to say I really like the layout and feel of this. It’s simple, yet it gets the job done. With some slight updating to fit all of the new great sites out there I believe this would work well. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  No logo fest, please. (was: New homepage for LUGNET)

What I like best about Suzanne's design over some of the other proposed here, is the absence of a visual logo fest. Hower great looking each (community) logo can be, twenty graphically unrelated logo's on one page make an incoherent design and are (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Looks sharp! I would be quite pleased with this design, especially if "Top Stories" were listed at the bottom of the page. That's the feature I use most. A minor tweak I would make would be to list the links at the beginning of each bullet (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No logo fest, please. (was: New homepage for LUGNET)

(...) I agree. This is one of the problems with the "busy"-ness that you mentioned in Jeff's suggestion: (URL) thing I really like from Jeff's suggested graphic is the use of 1x6 bricks as link buttons. I know, this is also used elsewhere, e.g.: (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: No logo fest, please. (was: New homepage for LUGNET)

(...) Based on experience, it'd be nice if the words could be made out of actual displayed on top of the brick image (which could be made in multiple parts to accomplish this easier), both to avoid contributing to the Pictures of Text plague and (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)