 Administrative / General / 11380
Re: No logo fest, please. (was: New homepage for LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:18:41 GMT

Bruce Hietbrink <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote:
graphically and aesthetically.  It's like the community is made up of all these
different bricks stacked together.  It's also easy to add new links without
changing the design--just add another brick to the stack.

Based on experience, it'd be nice if the words could be made out of actual
displayed on top of the brick image (which could be made in multiple parts
to accomplish this easier), both to avoid contributing to the Pictures of
Text plague and because there's an overhead of effort every time you have
to create a new graphic. Sure, it's not a major chore, but every little
barrier you raise makes the site more of a pain to maintain.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>