 Administrative / General / 11357
11356  |  11358
Subject:
No logo fest, please. (was: New homepage for LUGNET)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:51:46 GMT

What I like best about Suzanne’s design over some of the other proposed here, is the absence of a visual logo fest.

Hower great looking each (community) logo can be, twenty graphically unrelated logo’s on one page make an incoherent design and are not helpful to the first-time visitor. I understand each community/partner site will want to have their beloved logo on the central hub page, but what first-time visitors need above all, is short textual introductions to the other sites. Suzanne’s design gets that perfectly right, while still looking graphically rich by a LUGNet design of itself.

Maybe alle community/resource sites that want to be on a hub page, should develop a small icon version of their logo, that is recognizable to people who know it, but fits in nicely and subduedly when listed in a directory. Ofcourse, simply decreasing the size of the logo image would not suffice. This may also involve using the same size and shape for each thumbnail logo, and the same neutral background color (e.g. a shade of grey).

Eric Brok