 Administrative / General / 10995
  ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) OK, that's consistent with the way <TEXTAREA WRAP=SOFT> behaves. (...) Do you mean that you go in and edit text in the quoted ">" lines? I was guessing that's what happened... you typed something that caused the paragraph to reformat, and your (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) nah, some people (like myself) do use the > and < every so often in posts. Having the server cut it off and start a new line will not give me the desired effect. I think the only thing that needs to be done is for posters to hit the 'enter' (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) yah, but do you do it on lines that are 120+ characters long? :-) (...) nod. (...) ya, preview is wicked important...even with plain text!! --Todd (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) Hey, y'know what? Maybe the server is taking enough responsibility here for the mistake. True, it's not the server's fault if the user botches up quoting and submits a line 500 characters long -- but it *is* the server's fault for accepting a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) Doy, that should say "...isn't taking enough..." That's what I get for hurrying right before the train goes underground.* --Todd * but Wow, at Government Center on the Blue Line in Boston, two levels underground, I'm getting four bars of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: ">" line wrapping subtleties

(...) Normally, no, but in this case I was going through and doing heavy tweakage to the original text to make it a bit more interesting to read. (...) Er, sorta. I actually did most of the reformat myself, by deleting ">" marks in the middle of (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)