 Administrative / General / 10989
Re: FTX Image Size Cache (was: FTX Image Cache)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 15:40:33 GMT

Todd,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com>
In lugnet.admin.general, Andy Lynch writes:
Is there any way to flush the image cache in FTX?

Actually, it isn't an image cache, but an image size cache.  But no, there
(currently) isn't a way to flush it externally.

Oof.  Sorry I wasn't more clear with my request.  I knew it was a size cache
because I did a look up and found this message in which you explained
things:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8874

It would be nice, if when
I edit a page the server would automatically get the images again, so • that
if I change the size, it wouold recognize this fact.

Mmm, good idea.  I'll implement this tonight.  My apologies that it • doesn't
work this way already.

Thanks.  It could even be an optional checkbox, so you could force the
refresh if needed, but it would default to not.

I can go in and delete that size entry manually...but if you'd be willing • to
test the automatic refetcher later tonight, I'll let you know when it's
ready to try out.

There's no rush on getting that image fixed, so I'd be glad to test it for
you.  Let me know when you have had a chance to make your change and I'll go
in and edit my page to force the refresh.

Thanks for the quick response.
-Andy Lynch