 Administrative / General / 1087
Re: Final working post of the Kodiak.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, jsproat@geocities.com (Sproaticus) writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
All right!  This thing is bulky and mean-looking!  (Both in a good way :)

Where is it?  lugnet.cad.dat articles 108 and 109 are missing.

It was there, but then Ben noticed that the left arm was missing.  We looked
at the raw data and somewhere along the line between his e-mailing the message
out and the server's receiving of it, a few dozen lines of the .DAT file were
lost, very mysteriously.  Ben posted it again and the same thing happened.  He
asked me to cancel the messages because the .DAT content isn't right.  Oddly,
when he mailed it to the .off-topic.test group, it showed up OK there.  The
only difference in the newsserver between the .off-topic.test group and the
.cad.dat is a few characters in the name.  We need to do a bit more futzing
around to see if we can get to the bottom of the problem.  I hope it something
weird on the server that I can fix, as opposed to an e-mail transport problem
(because a mail transport agent anywhere on the Internet which drops portions
from the middle of an e-mail message would *extremely* frightening).

--Todd