 Administrative / General / 10799
Re: ORDB / blocked e-mails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 06:21:30 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in news:HB77wo.Fwt@lugnet.com...
The
good news is that we're moving to bigger and faster iron.

The new box is powered on and running...but not yet doing server • functions.
Tomorrow evening I'll be doing some extensive testing and then working • with
our guy on-site to do a switchover from the old (current) hardware to the
new hardware.  We'll need to shut down all server functions for 30 to 60
minutes, possibly more, during the final transition while last-minute
filesystem changes are propagated.  I'll make an announcement when we
schedule the downtime...hopefully this week  I appreciate your • understanding
and patience.

I am hosting and running a number of servers myself and know how much work
this is. That's why I offered my help. I understand your situation very
well, esp as the server is "only" hosted and not run by yourself.

Heads up! This will clear up soon I hope. (If not, do not hesitate to ask
the other side side of the world ;-)  )

Thanks for your reply and all the work you and the Admin-Team do.

Greetings from Hamburg!
Matthias