 Administrative / General / 10671
Re: New Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:19:21 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I think I'm going to start a poll about whether member originated polls are
a good idea or not, or maybe whether members who post seriously flawed polls
ought to have their poll originating privileges revoked. Haven't decided but
I'm tempted.

I think member originated polls are good, but it would be nice for an
option to be automatically added to indicate that one chose not to
respond to the poll, and better if one could choose from at least a
couple reasons. About half the polls which go up I'd vote the "choose
not to respond because the poll is flawed".

There was some discussion a while back about mandating inclusion of certain
choices. I thought it was a good idea then and I still do. I would vote the
same way you would on about 1/2 of them too.