 Administrative / General / 10630 (-20)
  Re: CLSOTW Voting problem...

(...) d'Oh! Big d'Oh! I was packing to move to a new apartment last week and spent all weekend doing that, and haven't check in for a few days. Just noticed this now. How embarassing... :-o I've reset the poll for next week, keeping the same sites (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  CLSOTW Voting problem...

The CLSOTW page has poll #106 as the sidebar. 106 polls Space RPG's. The proper poll in #107. TY! Jeremy (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Who's in charge of curatorship?

Hey: I wrote to Suz Rich privately about the curatorship of: (URL) been 5 days without reply. AND I am willing to continue to be patient if an answer is yet forthcoming. I wrote to her at: suz@lugnet.com Does that e-ddress work? That's my main (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: 4103 - 4107

(...) Indeed, I believe I saw 4107 at Target last Thursday, and it's readily available in Europe. Looks like a good set. Data: (URL) Garrison (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

  Happy 4th Lugnet!!!

Wow! I forgot to post the other day, but Lugnet just passed it's 4 year anniversary :) Way to go! Read a little about the history here: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

(...) Many current virii and worms will spoof addresses with addresses pulled from the host system. If someone has such a virii (most likely Klez or it's varients) and has either your e-mail in their address book, or in a cached webpage, your (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

Hi all, I just got an internet connection (however sporadic) back after not having one outside my departmental lab terminals for a month, and Richard Parsons popped me an email after someone sent him the possible virus attachment named in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: T-Shirts

THIS T-SHIRT THING IS A CRIME! From the sales page: "$13.99 of the price ($16.99 on the oversize shirts) of each shirt goes to CafePress.com to cover their costs and the remainder helps support LUGNET. " I am sorry, but you guys are crazy! CafePress (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET newsticker problems

(...) Whoops, sorry for any confusion, thanks for the clarification. I HAVE noticed incidence of heavy load on the increase on the lugnet.com server lately though... (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET newsticker problems

(...) Do you think there would be a way to allow people to download local copies of the Peeron database from time to time? Maybe as a zipped tab delimited file? I have often wanted to use the Peeron data to do other types of sorts than you currently (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET newsticker problems

Quoting Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com>: (...) This was the whole server... except that I think it's important to point out that the server I'm talking about is the host for Peeron.com, not Lugnet.com. I think I managed to get the useless (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET newsticker problems

(...) Is it just the newsticker then, or the base server? I have seen some timeouts ("the server is experiencing heavy load, please try again later") when using the web interface. (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET newsticker problems

Quoting Jon Palmer <jon@zemi.net>: (...) yes, our current hosting service is showing less than ideal performance. I'm trying to get them to correct the problem. (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  LUGNET newsticker problems

The newsticker seems to be having quite a few problems lately. Not refreshing, timing out for extended periods etc.. Anyone else having this problem? -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: New newsgroup

(...) lugnet.off-topic.deb...e.politics Would be better. ;) Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New newsgroup

(...) I'll fall in line with the majority on this one, but is my humble opinion that the thoughts and ideas expressed in o.t-d are for the express purview of o.t-d, and the participants thereof, and anything that goes on here shan't affect (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  New newsgroup

Isn't it time for Lugnet.politics? Duq (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Need Password Please

Just letting you know I'm being patient :) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H2L3GD.HDt@lugnet.com... (...) fun (...) <snipped> (...) Jason is absolutely correct, watch what you say! About, what, a year ago(?) somebody took the language a little too far for many of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What?! You've got to be kidding!

(...) Watch the language would you? This is supposed to be a family friendly site. The language you used in the above paragraph is not the sort of language anyone wants their kids reading. (...) Indeed constructive cristism can be good. (This is in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact