 Administrative / General / 10621
Re: LUGNET newsticker problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:30:54 GMT

Yes, the problem was that we were exceeding our alloted bandwidth, due to
slurpers.

Do you think there would be a way to allow people to download local copies
of the Peeron database from time to time?  Maybe as a zipped tab delimited file?

I have often wanted to use the Peeron data to do other types of sorts than
you currently provide.  (Not that I am the one slurping you.  I respect your
wish not to be hit in that manner.)  Anyway, I don't know if it would stop
the slurpers, and maybe you have other reasons for not providing this.  Just
thought it might help.

-Alfred