 Administrative / General / 10576
  CLSOTW question

Todd, I was just wondering how the CLSOTW nomination procedure works. I just looked at the page and it looks like the three nominees are the two that didn't win last week plus another one. Is that the general plan--once something is up as a nominee (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

(...) It's not a general rule, but it often works out that way due to repeated nominations or a lack of new ones some weeks. It would be nice if there were a more formalized way of tracking/handling nominations/submissions. Any ideas? --Todd (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

(...) Personally, I think that nominees should stay on the list until they win, or some fixed interval expires, whichever comes first. --Bill. (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

(...) Some of my original thoughts on CLSOTW, contained here: (URL) still may work. I know I ranted a whole lot then, but maybe this time it will be different. ---...--- How a site becomes CLSOTW: (Tuesday, Week 1) 1. Anyone who wants can nominate a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

(...) Actually, I thought I saw the numerical results for last week's poll before this week's poll went up. Maybe this was a glitch in the system, or maybe I was hallucinating. I like the idea of a site staying up for a set number of weeks. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

I'm pretty ambivalent about CLSOTWs (other than looking at them), I do have some comments: (...) This seems reasonable. Continued activity on a great site does deserve repeated recognition. (...) On the above two I do have a problem. What if two (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: CLSOTW question

Not meaning to harp on the same subject too much, but this is true again this week. I would hate for this to be "Treblock, Galactic Brick, and the site that will win" every week. Don't get me wrong, Treblock and Galactic Brick are both great sites (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.general)