 Administrative / General / 10475 (-5)
  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) That's weird, I was thinking it's the exact _opposite_. (In fact, I've arranged my subscriptions based on this premise, that I need only the upper-level groups, that the lower-level groups will be included...) Suz, Todd, which way is correct? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  message authentication

Hi! After posting several messages recently, it became obvious to me that the "dreaded authentication process" was actually quite painless. Simple. Easy, in fact. The (relatively) new system with a web link in the authentication email really (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: why no ".dat" email digests?...

(...) Because 'lugnet.cad.dat' is retired, inactive, no-longer-in-existence. Unless I misunderstand news-by-mail, you only get messages for groups you specifically subscribe to, not all the subgroups under the specific groups. Steve (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  subscription page won't remember my confirmation code...

I'm a member of LUGNet ("(URL) I'm usually "signed in" on my parent's PC (i.e., LUGNet remembers my member ID and password). And yet, LUGNet does _not_ remember my "confirmation code" on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  why no ".dat" email digests?...

I've tried getting "lugnet.cad.dat" via email (digest) on the "Subscriptions" page ("(URL) I've _never_ gotten any messages for ".dat"... Why? Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact