 Administrative / Database / 650
Re: Interesting classic space items over on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.space, Dave Lovelace writes:
The four sets listed above are from the range 0012 to 0015.

Actually, the Space three-pack is set 0011.  0015 is either a Town or Castle
one...they're all listed on the back of each card.  Todd, I've been meaning • to
send you scans of these guys.

Whaa?--seriously?  That's bizarre!  The back side of my copy of 0013 shows
the Space three-pack (red/yellow/white) as 0015, and it shows the Town three-
pack as 0011.

What's the copyright date shown on yours?  Mine says (c)1978.

--Todd

Todd,

I'm so stupid!

I checked out the back of the card last night.  You are right, of course...When
are you not?  :-)

Mine all say 1978, too, but this makes no sense, given the yellow Spacemen
figures (just won this one last night!  Finally got 'em all!  YES!!!).  Perhaps
it is the Legoland logo iteself which is copyrighted 1978.  As for the
manufacturing of these cards, it couldn't possibly have been before 1982...but
then, there's no way to know exactly when.

Were you to list these in Pause, it'd be a hard thing indeed to classify the
year.  In my own collection site I just stick 'em in 1982, since they couldn't
have been any earlier.  But then, I've never been as exacting as you, as my

Dave (jot and jab)