 Administrative / Database / 446
Re: Is this true???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 19:46:24 GMT

Jodi Neal wrote:

I've been looking through a service pack flyer I got in one of my boxes from
S@H.  It is not for the states but for Europe.  I even called S@H to find out
if I could order some of the packs out of it, and I was told, "sorry No."

I then went to the Lego web site and looked around and sure enough, it seems
that they can't get some of the ones we get here.  Like #5215 the green brick
set, or any of the other 62 piece brick sets in ANY color.  No roof packs, no
windows or door packs, or the black plate set.

It does seem that they can get some belville and scala packs we don't get here.

Anybody know this to be true for sure???

I've got a full UK service catalogue from earlier this year, and it
doesn't have the 62 brick packs (or plate packs, for that matter; except
in white) but it does have Belville and Scala, so that seems right. [1]

Can anybody in Europe get a hold of the blue 3033 tub?  Do they sell it over
there?  How about the other basic tubs we are fond of over here in the
states???

What are the current US tubs? I don't think the 3033 is available here.
The 1999 UK catalogue lists the following 'basic' tubs and buckets;
[warning: this might be dull....]

2229 Bucket of Fun (red tub) [not in Pause db]
3041 Big Bucket of Fun (red tub)
4220 Brick Pack 200 (428 pcs, box, standard colour 2x and 1x bricks)
4216 Superset 100 (box with addition pieces eg doors)
4217 Playdesk and Bricks (weird box holding bricks and desk)
4229 Brick Pack 300 (812 pcs, box, as 4220- I've seen this for 22ukp)
4223 Challenger Set 400 (box, like Superset 100, with motor)

plus there's some more on the next page. I've scanned the three relevant
pages of the 1999 UK catalogue, if anyone's wants to see them too. [2]

:: paul

[1] I'll scan this in too soon.
[2] The scans are 1024x900ish, and are at the following URL. Once I've
got the rest of the catalogue scanned I'll ftp it to Brickshelf (of
course!) [3]
-> http://www.songtwo.demon.co.uk/lego/scan/
[3] partly because I'm sure Kevin's got more bandwidth leeway than I have