 Administrative / Database / 42
Re: Lots more images of sets added to database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 06:15:26 GMT

"Gary R. Istok" wrote:
I have about 30-50 sets to add to this list.  How do I go about doing that?

Posting the data here is probably the best thing for now.

[new info on #200 LEGO Town Plan Board]
Anyway, I would like to help out (in a historical perspective) any way I can.

Wow, I never would have guessed town had its roots back that far!  This is
great info, Gary!  (I also included a link to your posting in the more
detailed admin notes, so that later it can be drawn upon when a more
sophisticated display is rendered.)

P.S.  Also, it would be nice to have some kind of a duplicate set cross
reference for those sets that are available in Europe in one number, and in the
US with another.  New examples here are European sets 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 --
these are sets 110, 111, 112, 113 and 114 in the U.S.

Right now, cross-referencing is sort-of ad-hoc with text-notes pointing the
reader to other sets by number.  Later there will be real low-level DB links
from any object to any object, so that these can be linked, and things like
the 4 various forms of 493/926 can be linked, etc.

--Todd