 Administrative / Database / 302
Re: Older Set info to add
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Todd Lehman writes:
Thanks again for the new info, Jeff!

(a couple questions below, BTW)

Jeff Stembel wrote:
Here is some more set info for Pause!
(Todd, some of the prices I have listed here are different from what
you have in Pause.  I don't know why, so you can use whichever you think
should be there.)

The price differences are due to "aging" of the products.  For example,
you found a baseplate which sold for ~$6.75 in 1986, and then later for
$8.00, and then even later for $11.00.  The price field in the DB tracks
the original MSRP, so the lowest known number is the one that goes in.

In a couple cases where it was known that an accessory pack came out at
least as early as 1982, but where you had a 1986 price, I left the price
still as "?" because the 1986 price is too far "wrong" at that point.  On
closer years like 1985, I typically put in the 1986 price and put a "?"
after it.  A better solution someday would be to track a price for each
year, or at least to be able to note which year or catalog a given price
came from.

Don't forget when S@H "removed" shipping & handling they upped their prices by
10%.  Wierd thing is, I knew about this when I posted.  I can't understand why
I said I didn't know why.  Oh, well.

[...]
(NEW) 1170, Replacement Train Battery Tender, Accessories/Trains, ? (year),
2 pcs, 0 figs, $10.00
[...]

Say, do you remember which type of Trains this is?  (I don't want to hazard
a guess, so I put it in as Accessories/Trains for now.  With the new train
organization from Joshua, it should really be listed as Xv Trains/Accessory
Elements, where X is the voltage.)

As Joshua said, 4.5V.  I originally posted this before the Train Reformation.
:)

(NEW) 5062, Shunting Trip Posts and Signal, Accessories/Trains, ? (year),
4 pcs, 0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5063, Power Supply Rail, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 1 pcs,
0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5064, Locomotive Wheels, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 4 pcs,
0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5065, 3m Wire and Two Way Plugs, Accessories/Trains, ? (year),
11 pcs, 0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5066, Buffer Sets and Coupler, Accessories/Trains, ? (year),
6 pcs, 0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

(NEW) 5067, Rubber Wheel Rims, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 8 pcs,
0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

(NEW) 5068, Motor Frame and Coupling, Accessories/Trains, ? (year),
5 pcs, 0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

(NEW) 5069, 12v Lighting Bricks, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 2 pcs,
0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5070, Wheel Sets, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 2 pcs, 0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

(NEW) 5072, 6x28 Base Plate, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 1 pcs,
0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

(NEW) 5073, Light Transmitting Elements for LEGO Train Sets,
Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 7 pcs, 0 figs, $?
12V

(NEW) 5074, Bogie Plates, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 2 pcs, 0 figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

5075: Battery Tender
4.5V

[...]
(NEW) 5200, Signal Masts and Feet, Accessories/Trains, ? (year), 8 pcs, 0
figs, $?
Accessories/Trains

How about these?  All 9v Trains?

Nope.  I noted under each what it is.  :)

Thanks again,
--Todd

No prob.  Soon I'll break out my 1992 Dacta stuff, and then you'll be in for a
treat.  ;)

Jeff