 Administrative / Database / 270
Re: What do the set numbers mean?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 07:21:19 GMT

Hi Joshua,

I've the admin right to the lugnet database, too, but have not much time to
enter the missing sets/pictures to the database recently, and this seems to
be continuing for a while.

I have more than 600 pics (of sets already in database but not having
pictures and of sets completely missing from the database, according to set
list from lugnet dated back to 10-15 days ago). The pictures are from 90%
registered sources with permission to include to lugnet database (my own
scans, Huw Millington, Kevin Loch, Tore Eriksson, Horst Lehner, Todd's
Fibblesnork site) and some are from the sources that I can't remember (ebay,
etc). Most of the pictures are belongs to themes like accessories, universal
sets, old Lego sets, and duplo, which are generally ignored up to now. The
number of the pictures are still growing from time to time when I explore a
new source. More than half of the pictures are resized and sharpened
according to Todd's standards by the way.

I think you just started to explore Horst's catalog archive, but I suggest
not to do so, since I've already done it, and the above mentioned pictures
includes virtually all of the missing sets from those catalogs.

I think you have more time and courage as a database admin than me, and if
you want me to send them to you, I'll make it with pleasure.

I have also many info for them like release date, etc. but not in an
organised manner, but could be supplied during time.

Selçuk