 Administrative / Database / 1163
Re: 4.5v vs 12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:11:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
Dan Boger wrote:

Frank Buiting wrote:

I'd also like the tree to look something like this:
Trains > Accessory Elements > 4.5v
Trains > Accessory Elements > 12v
Trains > Accessory Elements > 9v

I think this is a very good idea - I was always bothered by the fact
that when I'm looking for an accessory pack, I may have to look in three
subgroups instead of one...

hmm... i think this one's up to Todd and Suz... me, i love looking up
all the 9v in one shot and finding out what sets i still need...
couldn't do that here, not in one shot at least.

Whichever subtree structure is chosen, the problem remains that some sets
could be in more than one category (bogieplates or the train-ideabook for
example), so I guess there is still need for a non-voltage specific
category. If for <category><voltage> structure is chosen, those items could
structure, a new subgroup for the <voltage> could be useful I think.

-Frank