 Administrative / Curators / 91
Re: Curating loc.uk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:04:50 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message
news:Guo5B6.IJD@lugnet.com...

FYI, loc.uk currently has Richard Franks as its curator.
  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=105

IIRC Richard moved to the US, and may not therefore be best placed to retain
that role. To be honest I don't recall seeing posts from him for some time.
Perhaps you have an admin function to see when he did post last.

Something for the admins to think about in general is under what
circumstances should a call for a new curator combined with a volunteer
for that position be honored. Clearly people's interest comes and goes
and if the users of a group would like to see more active curatorship,
and the current curator isn't responding, then it's time for a change
(I'm not saying loc.uk is in this position right now, though it does
sound that way).

Frank