 Administrative / Curators / 78
Re: Curating loc.uk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:38:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Ah!
The annual "how do we manage a UK AFOL website?" question
:-)

lawrence

Well not really. Your previous hard work was helpful and comprehensive but,
though I can't speak for others, I still spent most time on Lugnet and would
have preferred to have the loc.uk page be up to date and relevant.  All I
would plan to do is manage the updating of the coming events and other
useful stuff, largely by links to other sites where the real detailed
information would be put up by the organisers (like the link to Jason's SCLF
page which still graces the sidebar.  By keeping the workload to a
manageable level I think we'll get a resource of some value and remove the
embarrassment of our prehistoric sidebar.

One example of stuff I don't think I could handle is the shopping bit that's
there now, I just don't buy enough Lego to have a worthwhile opinion.  If
others can provide info on that aspect then great but otherwise we should
set our sights at a more sustainable level.

Actually one thing that would have had me visiting your site more was if
there had been a link at loc.uk - you see I surf Lugnet most at work and I
am not allowed to set Favourites.